The P7 Way © Step 1
Creating the vision and Strategy
Setting a clear vision and creating a compelling case for change is critical in ensuring your employees are aligned to the strategies of the organisation and are fully engaged in delivering Continuous Improvement.
Creating clear vision and values for the business helps define the strategic objectives which the organisation requires in order to fulfil its full potential.
Once these objectives are set we can identify the Key Performance Indicators (or metrics) which provide the dashboard to tell us if we are going at the right speed, and in the right direction.
Strategy into Action
This strategy flow-down (or business plan cascade) can consume considerable effort, time and energy from the strategic leadership team. To ensure it is an effective and efficient process, good organisations will conduct three distinct Process Confirmation checks.
- We check that master plan actions and milestones were completed on time and in full, asking the question – DID WE DO WHAT WE SAID WE WOULD DO?
- We check the completed actions have the predicted impact on the Key Performance Indicators. Did we close the gap by – ACTING ON DATA NOT GUT FEEL
- And finally we check that if the gap is closing (between our previous performance and our target condition) we will confirm alignment by asking – ARE WE MEASURING THE RIGHT THINGS RIGHT, AND IS IT ALIGNED WITH THE NEEDS OF OUR CUSTOMER?
This framework is a perfect example of business plan deployment cascade and the performance reviews required to understand if your organisation is on track or not.
The Strategy Into Action toolkits and leadership coaching process involves a series of process steps to provide insights into business performance and potential.
- Voice of the Customer Kano Modelling
- Competitor Analysis
- Product/Market Matrix
- Technology Innovation Analysis
- Socio Economic Factors
- Circular Organisation Diagramming
- Lean Profit and Loss Impact Forecasting
- 3P Business Diagnostic – People, Process, Performance